Sunday, December 31, 2006

Dream Interpertation (Part I)

For many dreams are just manifestations while they sleep, some believe dreams are the key to unlocking the sub-conscious, some believe dreams have meaning and are sub-conscious messages sent to the conscious mind when sleeping, also that certain aspects of dreams symbolize something. I sometimes, okay most of the time remember my dreams and certain things do pop out. When I think about it I write them down, which is not often.
The last two nights I have remembered two very distinctive dreams and I have looked up the meaning of the things that pop out at me.
Dream one- I am in London, my favorite town in the world, this unknown gentleman, I'll call him Jack, and I check in to a hotel. After we get into our room, which is not really a room at all but a huge house, I notice that every room in the house has a fireplace, there are no fires in the fire places. Then we have a visitor, Jill, who is Jack's love, I am just Jack's friend. Jack and Jill go into the library, and cuddle on the couch. I enter the room after them and build them a fire watch for a few moments to make sure it catches, then leave the room. When I return Jack and Jill are making love on the floor which at this point I will add that they don't seem to notice that I walked in and I really don't care that they are having sex I just go on tending the fire again, and the bell rings at the door. I go to check the peephole on the door, it is a lady, Mary, who is obsessed with Jack, she is now pounding on the door demanding entry. Jack and Jill hear this, they know that we do not have much time to escape Mary because the library opens up to a patio and Mary is coming up the back walk way. They hurriedly button and zip their clothes, they were not fully undressed and they were dressed in Renaissance style clothes while I am in jeans and a sweater. Mary now can plainly see into the library but is still a ways off. We rush out of the library into the hall flip a switch and exit through a secret passage. Jack and Jill need to keep their love a secret and I am the only one who knows. Jack and Jill are a Lord and Lady of the court of her majesty Princess Anne (who appears in my dream as Anne Hathaway in Princess Diaries). We exit the secret passage and are now in Regents Park having tea. Princess Anne approaches and greets us, I have never met Princess Anne so I am properly introduced and we walk in the park talking of all matters of things. And that is where the dream ends.
Questions I asked myself of this dream: Why do Jack and Jill have to keep their love a secret from Princess Anne, who is a delightful, kind hearted woman, very down to earth and would understand such a thing. Both Jack and Jill are unattached and in their late 20's as are all the people in the dream. That is the only question that I was not able to answer.
The things that pop out at me in this dream-the hotel/house, fireplaces/fire, love, royalty, secret, and escape.
Here is what I found the meaning to be to those symbols
The hotel, not counting the fact that it was a house-Hotels are great places. A cheap hotel is the epitome of tackiness and indecency, while a nice hotel is the picture of elegance, wealth, and romance. To dream of a hotel usually brings you to one of these two poles of awareness. Either you are hiding-out of guilt or adultery-or you are basking in the power of wealth or romance. Your feelings of inclusion, separation, or identification with others may be connected to the hotel event in the dream.
My analysis- It was no cheap hotel so we can rule that out, and I am not basking in the power of wealth or romance. So that leaves the feelings of inclusion, separation, or identification with others. I believe it has to do with the recent spilt between me and the guy I was seeing or the not recent split, jury is still out on if we are or are not a couple still.
Fireplace/Fire-Burning is a tremendous fear many people from many different cultures hold in common. However, it is often simultaneously associated with purification. To pass through fire intact is to see oneself as becoming purified. However, being burned may indicate that one perceives life as extraordinarily threatening and painful. If a particular object is on fire (house, car, etc.), this may symbolize over-commitment to it or fear of a world without it. Are you seeking cleansing from a bad experience.
-A fire is also a complex omen in a dream and must be interpreted in light of the actions connected with it. To see a house burning down in a dream is the warning that a close relative needs help from you desperately. If the fire burns you, you will have bad luck, if not, then you will have good luck. A small fire in the fireplace shows contentment in the dreamer, but if you stir it with a poker you will soon have a romantic adventure. If you manage to put out a destructive fire then you will overcome the obstacles in your path of life.
My analysis-I did not burn or pass through a fire, nor did anything burn but the wood in the fire place and I did not put out any fire. Two part meaning-The first when I have built the fire and watching I am seeking to cleans myself from a bad experience, and I am content in that. As for the second time when I am tending the fire, this means I will have a romantic adventure.
Love between Jack and Jill-If you dream you see a couple in love and expressing it to each other, this denotes that your present undertaking will meet with success.
Royalty- 300 years ago royalty would be associated with wealth and power. However, as we become more aware of the struggles royalty face, it is more common to dream of them in relation to our own daily struggles.
My analysis- I'm not the only one to ever go through an odd break-up.
Escape-To escape from someone or somewhere is often indicative of needing to uncover new potential in the self, or to drop bad habits of the past. This new potential comes from incorporating the next order of archetype into the conscious. Escape can also reveal either a birth experience metaphor, or that one is discovering self-imposed limitations and is seeking to overcome them.
My analysis-I am in need to uncover new potential in myself by discovering and overcoming self-imposed limitations.
Secret-
To dream that you or someone has a secret, represents hidden power. It suggests that something needs to emerge from your unconscious.
My analysis- I was the one with the secret kept from the Princess, which I have a hidden power and it needs to emerge from my unconscious.
All combined the interpretation tells me- My feeling of separation from the break up and the bad experience can be cleansed (forgotten) so that I will be content when I have a new romantic adventure, by cleansing (forgetting) it will be a successful romantic adventure. It also reminds me that I am not alone. I need to uncover that new potential in myself by overcoming the self-limitations, in doing so I will emerge more confident then before (what needed to emerge from my unconscious).

No comments: