Sunday, December 17, 2006

Hello, My Name is AkCopGirl and I'm an Addict

What! You say I can not be an addict. Oh, but I can and I am. Not in the convetional way, durgs were never a choice for me because of my choosen career path, the military and law enforcement really frown on that kind of thing. Alcohol does not really appease me any more, yes I did drink but the ocational binge drinking. I would get shnockered then there would be that one day when I had the hagover from hell and I would say no more, and I wouldn't drink for long periods of time, like when I was stationed in Italy and got left at this club with guy, but I will save that story for another day. I do smoke cigarettes at work not too much at home because of my daughter, and when I do I smoke outside. My other addiction is caffeine, which I choose to do by drinking Moutaindew.
Now I am trying to quit smoking so I picked up a hobbie to keep my hands busy, and that is now my favorite addiction of all. When I'm at work I can not wait to get home to continue working on it. On my days off sometimes it is all I want to do and interaction with my daughter is the only thing that pulls me away. I have only been doing this hobbie for about a week, but I am addicted and can't wait to see how the first thing I make turns out.
So hello, my name is AkCopGirl and I am an addict. Unfortunately there is no type of Anonymous group for this, I think I might find a group though.
My new addiction is to replace smoking, as I improve with it I will start dwendling down on the nicotine. I was inspired by a book. My addiction is KNITTING, yup that is right I'm coming out of the closest, I'm addicted to knitting. It is relaxing and is helping to quit smoking, I have smoked less in the last week than normal. I'm making my daughter a scarf, even though she really wants a blanket, she collects blankets like normal girls collect dolls (again another story). I'm profecting my knit one/prul two or knit two/purl one conscept, which is slow going when I finish the scarf I will post a pic, I'm just knitting that no purling.

No comments: