Sunday, December 31, 2006

Accomplishments/Disapointments of 2006 and Goals for 2007

Jan 06-moved into my first house that I own (with the bank).

Feb 06-Paid first ever in my life car payment, (sinker) they financed me he he.

Mar 06- Successfully completed police academy in the top 10% of my class.

April 06- Ran in to an old friend at store and started talking to him, returned to gym after months of being lazy.

May 06-Was proposed to by at least 2 men, one intoxicated, the other old enough to be my grandfather.

June 06-Took daughter on first camping trip and seaside adventure, stopped going to gym but started running at least a mile and half everyday. Had first professional photo taken of me and my daughter.

July 06- Finally got up the nerve to kiss old friend and told him I liked him.

Aug 06- Started dating old friend. Discovered Grrl Genius blog* on Ivillage. Learned to change oil in my truck.


Sep 06- Turned another year old, did something I had always wanted to do but never had the courage, got a wacky hair do at the Alaska State Fair. Started own blog.

Oct 06- My guy left for training for 3 months and everything seemed good. Daughter lost first tooth a week before her 5th b-day. Read Grrl Genius' Guide to Sex(With Other People)*, cried at the end when the main character finally got her fire fighter. Stopped running at the end of the month getting to cold, contemplated joining a gym again.


Nov 06- Read Grrl Genius' Guide to Life*, the book written prior to the Oct read. Embraced my enter Grrl Genius**. Still contemplated whether or not I want to join a gym. Stayed active to help keep in shape. Made Christmas cards.

Dec 06- Finally decided that yes I am joining a gym, just have be active and do it. Had 95% of Christmas shopping done 2 weeks before. Baked and lovingly arranged cookies on trays for friends. Santa brought the ultimate Christmas present for my daughter, Butterscotch the Pony.
Lost a total of 50 lbs of pregnancy weight from 2005. Lived in my own house for a full year, paid bills, and work like a normal adult, proved to myself the yes I can make it after I got out of the military.
Thing the jury is still out on- The guy I was dating and thought everything was fine with in Oct when he left for training, well it was not, did not hear that much from him nor have a heard from him since he got back. Still have no idea why, but would like to know.
Goals for 2007-
Jan 07- give kitchen a face lift with new paint on the cabinets and floor, really excited and can not wait.
Feb 07- Buy new washer and dryer, finish painting bathroom that I started painting when I first moved in. Join gym and start busting my butt everyday to loose the rest of the weight I gained when I was pregnant in 2005, hopefully most of it before April because I have a date.
Mar-Dec 07 Enjoy life to the fullest, continue to workout at gym, spend as much time with my daughter before she starts school in Aug 07 (Scary), work hard to get a promotion, be happy, and continue to embrace my Grrl Genius**.
April 07- Attend job training out of state, hook up with hottie I know from the area I am going.
* The Grrl Genius' Guide to Life and Grrl Genius' Guide to Sex(With Other People) {a self-help novel} were both written by Cathryn Michon, Grrl Genius.
** Grrl Genius Inc. by Cathryn Michon, for more information go to www.grrlgenius.com

No comments: