Friday, June 06, 2008

Life Changes so Fast it is Hard to keep up.

Okay so my last entry was in 2007 well over a year ago. Wow has my life changed. Not only did I find a wonderful man to marry I also had my third and final baby.
I was married on July 15 2007, we took a week honeymoon in Hawaii, and life has been great for me and my DH. Before we were married we found out I was pregnant, a little early wedding present. It was a good surprise and I was happy. I gave birth to a healthily baby boy, on Feb 16 at 11:10 am, he weighted 9 lbs 13 oz and was 22in long. Yes he was and still is a big boy. I had the epidural and had a normal birth. After a trying pregnancy, I was constantly sick, the baby had a two vessel umbilical cord meaning he had one vane and one artery which he should have had two arteries, so we went through genetic testing for down syndrome or any genetic abnormalities, after that came out okay there was a chance that he could be low birth weight (see above weight) also I could have gestational diabetes. Plus a number of things that can be wrong with him. I had 9 ultra sounds, which really did not bother me I got lots of pic from them. I went to the ER when I was 4 months for serve low back pain that lasted for 3 days, my OB said it was my ligaments just making room for baby. Which was a load of BS, it was a kidney infection, so I changed my OB to a midwife and that was the greatest thing I ever did. At 36 weeks he still had not turned and if by 37 weeks he had not my midwife was going to perform a version (where they turn the baby by pressing on your belly) luckily he did turn. When I had an ultra sound at 32 weeks the was estimated to be 4.5 lbs which is a little big so I got tested again for diabetes, which again came back negative. At 38 weeks I started having contactions that were about 5 min part so I went in but no luck on having him early. From then on if I had contractions every ten mins until he was born a week late. Needless to say he was a stubborn little man and did not want to come out I was in labor of 19 hours, having to get patosin to help speed the labor along. Finally after all that I pushed for like two mins if that and he was born. It was a very good birthing experience, it was my husband, the doc (my mid wife was not on call) and a nurse in the room.
But I must say that all these life changes I have taken in stride, my daughter who is now 6 it was not so easy for. She had to get used to having a dad, and only have a few months to do that now she is getting use to having a brother, and she started school last fall. Many life changes for such a little girl to handle, she is very good with her little brother and loves him very much. She is a constant help when it is needed and some when it is not. I am now back at work, both my DH and I are working nights, which is a pain. And the one who is feeling it the most is my DD, she does not have allot of other kids her age in our neighborhood, so she plays by herself mostly. She thrives in interaction with other kids. She has summer school, not that she needs it, but her teacher for next year called and said they were doing it for some of the next year first graders. It is only two weeks this month and a week in Aug but it give her something to do. Now I just need something to keep her busy the rest of the summer. She love horses and would do great at horse back riding or she said she would like to do karate, I just have to find a place to do either. If she is involved in something it keeps her mind occupied and she gets into less trouble. She is an exteremly bright child and love to learn. I did tell her that when she was six I would start her in riding lessons and she has now reached that age so I am going to try to make good on that promise.
Again wow what a year, now time to focus on trying to keep my DD occupied.

No comments: