Sunday, January 14, 2007

New Years Eve

Okay so it's like half (yes that is right half) way through the month of Jan and here I am posting what happened on NYE. If it appals you, well get over it I have had more important things to do.
So any way, NYE my friend Julie calls and says hey were having a party, come on over. So I go knowing well enough that Ben (my ex-guy??) will be there, but instead of making a scene when he gets there, I get there early and down a few glasses of wine so I will be in good spirits when he does get there. Who wants to fight on NYE anyway, I want to have fun and be merry so I will have a good beginning to the new year. He gives me the explanation when he comes in, not at first but in time. His house was flooded, his got into a fender bender and the guy, who is uninsured is suing him, the bank screwed with his house payments, blah, blah, blah, excuses are like assholes everybody has one. No I'm sorry I really have been busy, or I really need time to get all this straitened out. What ever is what I say. I did let myself test the waters a little, he didn't mind the hands on or the kissing, so maybe there is still hope, is what I tell myself.
Fast forward until the middle of the month which is today 01/14/2007. I called him once because my house was freezing to ask if he knew anything. My 'rents and sister/b-i-l were out of town so I could not rely on them, so who do you expect me to call. He did not know anything about heating, go figure, he reminded me to call Julie because it was her b-day the next day, yes I know it is, well I have to go dinner and stuff, okay, thanks anyway end conversation. Fix heat by turning up thermostat to way beyond hotter than hell, hope it's not 56 degrees inside, - (yes that in a negative, I live in Alaska (that is what AK stands for not Arkansas) - 20 (20 below zero) outside, when I wake up in the morning and go to bed. Wake up check thermostat thank god for 66 degrees inside, still cold as hell is hot outside. End

No comments: