Sunday, November 19, 2006

Princess Lolly or Queen Frostline


When I was a kid my favorite board game was Candyland. My daughter now has a Candyland game. We don't play to often, but last night she wanted to so we did. The whole time we were playing she kept asking who I wanted to be? Then she told me that I could be Queen Frostline (from the old version) and she could be Princess Lolly. Ofcourse the newer version of Candyland does not have a Queen, she has been reduced to a princess. And as for Princess Lolly, she is now just known as Lolly, loosing her princess status, I guess we'll never know why. I suppose it is because of the Candyland DVD that came out a couple of years ago, and the base line of the story is that Princess Frostline (former Queen) needs to be rescued.
We did not play in the traditional manner of being the red, blue, yellow, or green gingerbread people. Somewhere along in time we have misplace them, and more than likely when my daughter has played with the game by herself is when they were lost. Instead of taking up vaulable play time we imporvised and used Monopoly pieces instead. It worked just as well and she we happy to play as the horse, her favorite animal. She choose the dog for me, so instead of a race of gingerbread it was a race between a dog and a horse. When we finished playing she won two games to me only winning one, but that is the way it is supposed to be when playing with your kids.
Now they have different version of the game, as a Dora the Explorer and DVD game










As for a horse that is one of a different color. Hasbro has come out with a FurReal Friends Horse named Butterscotch, they began advertising it on TV about a week age and that is all I have heard that she wants for Christmas, with about 20 other things on her list. But she will probably get the horse as it is her favorite aninmal.

No comments: